Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Making Reusable Food Wrap

I wanted to make some beeswax coated reusable food wraps, there was a tutorial on apartmenttherapy.com I ordered a couple of pinking blades from Amazon for my rotary cutter on January 9th, but didn't receive them until the other day. They must've been sent on a slow boat across the ocean, they took so long to arrive. Instead of ordering beeswax pellets from Amazon, I bought some blocks of it from Aurora Beeswax Candles in Edmonton, the price was a little better. I just about had to stand on the rotary cutter to get the pinking blade to go through one layer of fabric, the blade wasn't very sharp. After making two wraps, I was ready to call it a day, it was labour intensive, chopping the beeswax blocks into tiny bits with a knife. I tried to use a grater, but the wax was too solid and would have taken a century to grate. I'll try the wraps this week to see if I like using them, then maybe make some more

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...