Thursday, February 9, 2017

Throwback Thursday; Comfort Quilt From 2002

I was looking through some old pictures and I ran across this one of a comfort quilt that I made in 2002. This one was made for an internet quilting group that I was in for years. Many of the blocks and fabrics were sent to me, I assembled them, did the quilting, then mailed the completed quilt back to the person who distributed them. Since then, I still keep on contact with the members, but most of us have migrated to Facebook instead of a Yahoo Group. Things evolve with social media, but we still stick together. :) These days I tend to donate comfort quilts locally. Canadian postage has gone up sky high, I can't affort to mail parcels anymore.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...