Wednesday, February 8, 2017

First Finish of 2017

When I was a kid in school, we had to run around the track in gym class. I was always so slow, all the other kids would pass me, it almost looked like I was first. I was way ahead of the pack, haha! Fast forward to today, I am still slow, making a quilt is no exception. "Scrappy Trips", formerly known as "Quilt Top #16" is finally finished! It's quilted with a random fat paisley design, using King Tut thread in the "Mummy's Dearest" colour. I made a scrappy binding, using leftover pieces from other projects. Normally, I stitch the binding entirely by machine, but since the fabrics changed all around the edge, I hand stitched it to the back. It seemed like I was sewing around a whole acre, which took a few weeks to do in my spare time. I'm going to keep this one for myself, it's going on my bed today. This was made from a free pattern on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...