Friday, February 17, 2017

Crazy Quilting

Last week I dug up a stack of crazy quilt blocks from a few years ago. I counted them and realized there would only be a few more needed to make a quilt top. Using some orphan blocks left from other projects, I added strips to them so they were the right size. Next came sashing between the blocks and a small border around the edge. I looked for something to use for backing and discovered that muslin would be a good fit. Since it wasn't too big of a quilt, I pieced together some chunks of quilt batting instead of using a large piece from my precious dwindling roll. I layered and pin basted it, then started quilting in the ditch between the blocks. Since it's a crazy quilt, I threw caution to the wind and started doodle quilting on the odd shapes. The picture is in progress so there might be stray threads showing.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...