Tuesday, March 1, 2016

"Sister's Choice", Two Years in the Making

Ok, here it is, with the binding on and fresh out of the dryer. This Sister's Choice pattern was made from a free pattern on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog, I made it for my log cabin in the Yukon. The inspiration for the pebble and bubble quilting came from Tagish Lake, with it's rocky shores and rolling waves. I had the "bright" idea of filling in between the pebble shapes with solid stitching- never again! I went through a 2000 yard cone of King Tut quilting thread, then had to order more in order to finish the stitching and thought I was never going to get it finished. This summer, I'll be able to take it to the cabin when I go on summer vacation.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...