Monday, March 7, 2016

On a Roll

I don't know what got into me, I finished a quilt last week and this week another one will be completed! I just about had the quilting done on this one last year, then the cone of thread that I was working with disappeared. I couldn't find the thread anywhere, so I had to order another cone, the other one will turn up eventually. Today I finished the main part of the quilt with King Tut, "Mummy's Dearest" thread, then put on Fantastico thread, "Birthday Cake" for the border. I'm doing a variation of the bubbles and pebbles quilting that I showed in the previous post. This time, I didn't fill in between the shapes with solid quilting and it's going a lot faster. I hope to be able to post a picture of the completed quilt in a day or two.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...