Friday, March 18, 2016

A Friday Finish!

I finished "Corny Stars" today- yay! I was quilting this one last October at our quilting retreat, but put it away after that weekend. I dug it back out a few days ago and completed the quilting and binding, today I buried stray threads.
The free pattern came from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog, where it's called "Smokey Mountain Stars". I used five-inch squares instead of four and a half inches as the pattern stated. I already had a huge bin of five-inch ones cut, so I wanted to use them. It changes the look of the stars slightly. I used a free motion swirl quilting design on the main part of the quilt, using King Tut "White Linen" thread. The border has paisley quilting in King Tut "Chariots of Fire" thread. Both ideas were inspired by work that Angela Walters has done.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...