Thursday, October 1, 2015

Throwback Thursday; The Poid (Toilet Monster)

In 1998 we had a challenge in our guild, the theme was "Memories of Childhood". A common fabric was picked and we had to use that fabric somewhere in the quilt. My memory of childhood was "The Poid", my name for the toilet monster. I thought a horrible creature would come out of the toilet when it was flushed, so I would wash my hands, then flush and run out the door as fast as I could. The words were hand appliquéd, using the required challenge fabric. The figures were made with crayons and paint. The border is pieced. I posted a photo of this one about five years ago, but the picture was not very clear, it looks a little better this time. When I put the quilt away, I'll have to fold it a different way, I noticed there are some fold lines on it. Maybe I should roll it instead.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...