Thursday, October 8, 2015

Throwback Thursday; Finger Lick'n Good

I made this crazy quilt in 1998. At the time I had been collecting fabrics with chicken and rooster designs. I made several chicken themed quilts, but still have a Rubbermaid bin full of those kind of fabrics. Now I'm gradually using them up in scrap quilts and some aprons. One can only make so many chicken themed quilts. The reason I named this quilt "Finger Lick'n Good" is because there are chicken "parts" scattered here and there on the blocks. I was being silly and was imagining a torn apart chicken, maybe from road kill or a cat. Now this whole idea horrifies me because I've been a vegetarian for the past several years!

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...