Friday, October 2, 2015

October Quilting Retreat

This weekend our guild is having a quilting retreat. I got all ready to go this morning, hauled stuff out to my Jeep and drove to town. When I got to the hall where we're having the retreat, I realized I left my project at home. I went in, set up my machine and sewing area, then had to drive home to get the quilt- grrr! When I returned with the quilt, the power was out in the building. We had to wait more than two hours for it to come back on, we couldn't sew or use irons. Some people hand stitched bindings. When the power came back on, I started quilting my "Corny Stars" quilt. I hope to get most of it done this weekend. I'll also have to take a different project along so I'm not doing free motion quilting the entire time, my arms, shoulders and neck get too sore.

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...