Thursday, March 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday; Embroidery

I learned to embroider when I was about eight or nine years old. I remember making a doll bed with embroidered sheets and a pillowcase, with a knitted blanket on top. When I was a teenager, I made a "hippie" tunic top that had tons of embroidery on the sleeves and the front panel. Sadly, the top turned out too big for me, a person offered to buy it, then took the top and never paid for it. I was so mad! It took ages to do all that work, only to have it stolen. Since then, I've used embroidery quite often on quilt blocks. These blocks are an ongoing project I've been working on for more than a decade. I've got five of them made so far, I just work on them when I'm camping or travelling. Maybe there'll be enough to make a small quilt eventually.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...