Thursday, March 26, 2015

Throwback Thursday; Edna's Hem

My mom, Edna was a self taught seamstress who took great pride in her work. When I was a kid, I was the flower girl for the wedding of family friends. Mom made my dress, the other dresses were made by somebody else. When the pictures came back, I can remember Mom saying "Look how sloppy those other hems are!" When my daughter, Lindsay learned to sew, I was proud of the job she did on a garment, but I had to warn her, "Don't let Grandma see your hem!" So now the very high standards for hems have been passed down for two generations. :) Here is a link to Lindsay's blog to see her version of the hem story: http://www.lindsayjoy.ca/standards-of-excellence/

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...