Monday, July 26, 2010

Nine Patch


I made this for a Christmas gift for somebody in 2009. When I had my fabric store, the suppliers often sent packages of three inch square samples. I saved them all and made several quilts. I would also add my own fabrics along with them. I had a zillion bolts of fabric to work with, but I chose to use the small sample pieces.
Waste not, want not, as the old saying goes, but all those bolts are still sitting there, they will have to get used one of these days.
I'm getting ready to go on vacation on Wednesday. Where I'm going, (to a cabin out in the sticks) there's no computer, no electricity and even my cell phone wouldn't get reception last time I was there. I'm sure other cell phones work out in the middle of nowhere, but mine was being in a snit. The only time I'll be able to get internet access is by using a library computer or the coin operated one I discovered in a laundromat. I'll finally have time to sew, but it'll have to be a hand applique project. I'm not going to drag my treadle sewing machine all the way up there, lol!

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...