Sunday, July 4, 2010

Comfort Quilt


This is kind of a plain jane quilt, but I made it while I was recovering from a broken arm. I heard about a terrible tornado that happened in Texas. A friend of a friend lost her entire house that day, so I thought a comfort quilt would be a good idea for that person. Having time off work gave me lots of time to sew! After I broke my arm, I would get my daughter to hold the ruler and I would rotary cut with my left hand. I was able to feed the squares through the sewing machine with one hand. The entire quilt was made one handed. I packaged it up and mailed it off, later on, i received a nice thank you email from the woman. It's fun to do a random act of quilt giving!

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...