Saturday, September 2, 2023

Triple Treat Is Completed

This quilt was finished in April, except for a bit of hand-stitching on the binding. I did the rest of it a few days ago. The pattern is "Triple Treat", a free pattern on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog. I used a blue variegated thread for the quilting, but wasn't sure if I was happy with the result. It looks ok from a distance, but I don't like how it creates light and dark stitching. I've got numerous spools of that kind of thread, I was trying to use some of it up. For the back, I sewed together three different blue fabrics. It's a good way to "get rid of" some odds and ends. This quilt is the right size for the bed in the spare bedroom, so I will keep it. That bed has had the same quilt on it for years, it's time for a change.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!