Sunday, August 27, 2023

Sewing Marathon

I watched a tutorial on YouTube about the Chip and Dip quilt. Of course, I had to try it. Two days later, the quilt top was made. I have a large Rubbermaid bin of 2 1/2" strips and a 5 gallon bucket of 2 1/2" squares. I've been cutting fabric into various sizes and shapes for more than twenty years, so there is an abundant supply. After I made this quilt top, it didn't look like the fabric diminished at all, the bins were just as full as when I started. Fabric must breed and multiply when no one is looking. I threw the quilt top on the fence to take the picture but the wind caught an edge and turned it. Professional photographer, I am not. :) There is some backing fabric due to arrive in the mail for this project.

4 comments:

Rosyquilter said...

Love it... great use of scraps and I know what you mean... go forth and multiply while she is sleeping!

Psychoquilter said...

Thanks, Carolyn! It's good to know that I'll never run out of fabric since it seems to replenish itself :D

Judy said...

I like it. I am always looking for ideas for using scraps. I help sew quilt tops for our local hospice. The ladies give me little leftovers to bring home rather than throw them out.

Psychoquilter said...

Judy, this quilt pattern is great for using up small bits. The rectangle measures 2 1/2" X5" and the square is 2 1/2". In the pattern, they used the same fabric for all the light-coloured squares but I used all different ones

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!