Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Last Finish Of 2022

I finished this quilt before Christmas but didn't get a chance to take photos at the time. The pattern: "Color Study, Inspired by a quilt designed by Janine Burke of Blue Underground Studio, made by Kristine Peterson". This was in the Fons and Porter Scrap quilts, Spring 2013 issue. Linda H also made a quilt from this pattern, I posted her quilt November 26, 2019. I will show Linda's as well on this post. I threw caution to the wind when quilting this one. It's stitched with bright turquoise Glide thread in a crazy triangle pattern. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I don't make quilts for the purpose of matching people's decor, haha! To me, it's more about the process of positioning different shades, tints and hues together in an experimental way. Also, I'm trying to do a different quilting design on every quilt so I don't get stuck in a rut. The backing is equally bold with a fabric that came from Connecting Threads.
Here is Linda's quilt:

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!