Saturday, January 14, 2023

First Finish Of 2023

The quilt pattern is "Beads", by Donna Jordan. There is another similar pattern called "Chandelier" that many people having been making lately. I worked as a cook all my life so I used food themed fabrics in the quilt. I'll be keeping this one. The border fabric was given to me by Linda H. None of the colours of quilting thread in my hoard were suitable for the quilting. It doesn't matter how many cones there are, there never seems to be the right one. I placed an order for some Isacord thread. I was not disappointed! That thread is easy to work with and it comes in so many beautiful colours. This is quilted in a light peach which doesn't show up too boldly against the white fabric. I need a new quilt like I need a new hole in my head. Oh well. I don't want to quit sewing just because the stacks of quilts are getting higher and higher. :)

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!