Wednesday, January 25, 2023

A Tribute To Charlene

Our dear quilter friend, Charlene passed away on January 1st. As far as we know, she only had one unfinished project, so I quilted it and will give it to her family. The fabrics are from the late 80s or early 90s, so it was a challenge to find something in my stash to use for the binding. The only thing I had were some small pieces and fat quarters that would go with the pink in the quilt. I ended up making a pieced binding with the different odds and ends. Charlene had marked with pencil a design for hand quilting on the large plain squares. I tried to follow the design with my longarm machine but was only able to do the centre flower, I couldn't manage the cable pattern that was around it. The quilt top came with a sheet to use for backing. I washed the quilt when it was finished but a couple of small stains didn't come out on the back. I embroidered flowers over the stains. Thankfully, the pencil marks on the front of the quilt did come out in the wash. Normally, I wouldn't post anybody's picture on here without asking permission first, but I'm breaking my own rules today. I would like to honour Charlene, my friend since 1987.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!