Friday, August 27, 2021

Friday Finish

I put that last stitches in the binding, now this well-aged UFO is finished. These blocks were made about 10-12 years ago, then put away in a box. In the spring, I excavated them and made a quilt top. Not wanting to make more blocks, I increased the size by adding a wide border. For the backing, I used a piece of gold Thimbleberries fabric. That colour isn't too popular these days, but it works for backing. It was nice to be able to use it up. For the quilting, I stitched in the ditch with Sew Fine white thread. The border is free-motion quilted with Sew Fine thread in a pea soup colour. That type of thread is good to use if you don't want the quilting to stand out too much. Now that this project is done, I can get back to working on the Halloween quilt.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!