Sunday, September 5, 2021

Yikes!

I started to free-motion quilt Geo's Halloween quilt. What a nightmare! He wanted something warm and cozy for the back, so I bought some Fireside fabric. It has a beautiful texture but it refuses to slide along as I'm free-motion stitching. I even sprayed the table and machine bed with Quilt Glide, an anti-friction treatment for quilting surfaces. Nope, it didn't help. It's push, pull and drag all the way. Fireside fabric is lovely, but I think it's meant to be used with a long arm machine, not the kind of machine I have. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Rosyquilter said...

I would set a timer and plan for 30 minutes of quilting and then quit. I used fireside but did much simpler quilting... stitch in the ditch and nothing as complicated as you are doing. Hang in there, will be worth it in the end but, make sure you complain lots so he knows it was a labour of love!!

Psychoquilter said...

Good idea to set a timer! I have quite a bit of time to get this finished, so I can just do a bit at a time. At first, I was going to make big swirls, but I couldn't twirl the quilt around like that. This thing weighs a ton, Geo will fry underneath it, haha!

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...