Saturday, August 14, 2021

Frankenbatting

I've been back from vacation for over a week, it's time to get into some serious sewing. Today I'm going to pin baste a quilt top. Since it isn't a large project, I'm using leftover batting and making "Frankenbatting" by zigzagging pieces together. Years ago, the first time I did this I didn't have the stitch length set long enough and the seam was wavy. If the stitch length and width is set to the maximum, the end result is flat and smooth. I have a bad habit of making five quilt tops, then quilting one. It doesn't take long to get overwhelmed with UFOs. Will I ever smarten up? Probably not.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!