Monday, August 12, 2019

What I'm Working On Right Now

Last week I was invited to a baby shower. Not having a gift ready, I wrote in a card, "IOU a baby quilt". I asked the new mom what colours she liked or didn't like, she said anything would be ok. I had an idea to use bright prints on a white background. I looked in books and on the internet for a pattern, then found one that looked interesting. My next post will have the name and source of the pattern. I'm waiting for a new washing machine to arrive, my old one died and flooded all over the floor. The quilt should be washed with colour catcher sheets when it's completed to make sure the colours don't bleed into the white fabric. It happened with a queen size quilt that I made many years ago, what a nightmare! I always prewash all my fabric, but there can still be bleeders. Hopefully, this one will be ok.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!