Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Baby Quilt Completed

I finished this baby quilt yesterday, it only took two weeks from beginning to end. I can get something done if there is a deadline, otherwise, it might take years, haha! I wanted to wash the quilt with colour catcher sheets to make sure the dark fabrics didn't bleed into the white background. I threw three colour catchers into the washing machine, then hoped for the best. After it was dried, I was horrified to see that some of the red bled to the back of the quilt. The colour catchers didn't work at all. Now I was faced with the dilemma of fixing this mess. I had a leftover block, so I appliqued that over one stain. The other blotch was covered with a square of a cute print. It'll have to do. It won't be an heirloom by any means,it's meant to be used. Quilting is never an exact science, many things can go wrong in the process. The pattern,"Simple Addition" was fun to make. I purchased the download from Cluck Cluck Sew The pattern has all sizes from baby quilt to king. I'd like to make it again in a different colour combination.

4 comments:

Susan G said...

It's still a very cute quilt, and I like the backing fabric. I've never had issues with colour catchers, sorry you did, but your fix was brilliant.

Rosyquilter said...

That is crazy.. I have never had an issue with colour catchers not working? What brand did you use? But, the quilt is meant to be used and washed so, actually, not the end of the world, but a disappointment for sure. Great, creative, fix!

Judy said...

I like your fix.

Psychoquilter said...

They were Shout colour catchers. Could it make a difference if they were old? They were in my cupboard for quite a few years. Or another thing- I have one of those newfangled washing machines that doesn't use much water. Maybe there needs to be a lot of water for the colour catchers to work. Anyway, I gave the quilt to the new parents, they were very pleased. They liked the cover-up patches on the back. :)

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!