Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Product Review: Konfetti Thread

On the weekend I went to Calgary to pick up my old Bernina from My Sewing Room. It had been there for a month waiting for its turn to be serviced. After I collected the machine, I looked around in the store and discovered this thread: Konfetti, 50 wt,100% Egyptian cotton, double gassed and mercerized, 2500 yard cone. I bought one, then tried it out last night. It ran nice and smooth in my machine and doesn't seem to leave much lint behind. The thread comes in lots of colours and can be used for piecing and machine quilting, or for any other purpose where you like to use cotton thread. I like to have cones of thread on hand because I live in a rural area, it's impossible to just hop over to a fabric store if I need something. The next time I'm shopping will buy this brand of thread again in some basic colours, the price is quite reasonable. My Sewing Room did a great job repairing a few things and servicing my old Bernina. It doesn't even sound like the same machine. :)

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!