Saturday, January 12, 2019

Making A Knitted Blanket

I've been working on this knitted blanket since December. I'll keep adding more squares until it fits the top of a single bed. A person in one of the Facebook scrap quilting groups showed me how to make it. The squares are knit together, that's what I liked about it. Start with 10 stitches, knit 20 rows. Add the next colour, pick up 10 stitches along the side, knit 20 rows. When joining to a block, pick up a stitch, then knit 2 together the next row so there are always 10 stitches on the needle. When I first saw the instructions, I was confused until I picked up the needles and started, then it made sense. It's kind of ugly, but charming at the same time, haha! Originally, I was going to use scrap yarn that I had around here, but I didn't like the texture of it. I bought several balls of Paton's Canadiana, which is soft and lovely. Some of the yukky yarn is in the blanket, but I can't pick it out now.

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...