Monday, July 30, 2018

Quilt Top #23 "Christmas In July"

I've been going through stacks of old quilt blocks, trying to figure out what to do with them. I unearthed a batch of blocks that I won at the guild about 20 years ago. We each made a block, then my name was drawn and I got all of them. There was a second pile of blocks, I can't remember if they were from an exchange or whether I won those as well. I decided to sew all the blocks together without sashing. That was a challenge, I had to use the "stretch and sew" method to join them together. They were supposed to be 12 1/2" unfinished, but there were great variations in size. Hopefully, it'll all flatten out once it's quilted. :)

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...