Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Pedal To The Metal

I retired July 1st from a place where I worked for just about 38 years. It almost seems strange to all of a sudden have time to sew. On Sunday I was digging around in a box of quilt blocks and came across a stack of blocks made by one of our guild members several years ago. I had volunteered to sew them together into a comfort quilt at the time- OOPS! Time went on and the blocks became buried in other half-finished projects. I joined the blocks with sashing and cornerstones, then added a small border. I looked around for a backing, then decided on muslin. A bright print on the back wouldn't be suitable because colours might show through to the white on the front. I pieced together some leftover quilt batting, but it ended up being a bit too small, I had to use a piece from my bolt of batting. I started quilting it yesterday and now it's almost finished. Now to tackle the rest of the UFOs and probably start a few new things. :)

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...