Thursday, April 14, 2016

Throwback Thursday; My Comfort Quilt

For many years, I've made comfort quilts for others, but this one was made for me. I used to belong to the "Quilter's Funtalk" online group that started in 1998. I'm not on their email list anymore but I still associate with them on Facebook. It's a great honour to have these friends for so many years. In 2002 I had surgery and was off work for six weeks, the QFT group sent this comfort quilt to me in the mail. I've used this quilt on my couch ever since and cover up with it when I have naps. It's been washed countless times, the colours have hardly faded, I will treasure it always.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...