Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday Finish

I wanted to make a lap quilt for a lady that recently had to move into a nursing home. Thinking there might be some blocks already made in a projects box, I dug around and found 48 four-patch blocks, enough to make a quilt. I used an off white tone on tone print in between the blocks. If I added a border, it would end up being too big for a lap quilt, so I decided against it. I quilted the four-patch blocks with Signature variegated multicolour thread and the off white with King Tut, "White Linen" thread and filled in with free form flower shapes. It's nice to work on a smaller project once in awhile which is easier to complete quickly.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...