Monday, June 8, 2015

Goal For the End of June

I've been working on this Sister's Choice quilt since last year, I want to get it finished so I can use it in my summer cabin. I made the blocks, using a free pattern from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog. I started quilting it last June, but then was sidetracked with several different projects. I'll try to work on it as much as possible now so I can get it finished. I decided to throw caution to the wind and try a funky quilting design on a traditional pattern. Since the quilt is for myself, I don't have to worry if anybody else likes it or not. I'm sure the quilt police will frown on my idea. :) Anyway, I thought the pebbles and bubbles reminded me of the waves Of Tagish Lake crashing onto the beach, my favourite place in the world.
California Beach, Tagish Lake, Yukon

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...