Thursday, April 9, 2015

Throwback Thursday; Back of Y2K Quilt

This is the back of the Y2K quilt that I made. I used leftover 2 1/2 inch squares from the fabric swaps and the signature squares that we traded. I also used what 2000 themed fabrics that were in my stash. To make the backing big enough for the quilt, I bordered it with muslin. After it was washed, there were a few colour bleeds onto the muslin and some of the signature squares have blurry ink, some have almost faded away. I used wool batting, which might not have been the best choice for this, it shrank a bit, I didn't want that look because I wanted the writing on the signature squares to be flat and not crinkly. Oh well, live and learn. I enjoyed trading fabric squares with people from all over the world and it was fun to make the quilt.

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...