Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Fund Raiser Donation

There was a fund raiser at work for a family who has a baby with health problems, I made this Christmas table topper to donate to the cause. I used metallic thread for the quilting- what a nightmare! It kept breaking, even though I used thread conditioner and a special needle for metallic thread. Finally, I gave up and put the metallic thread in the bobbin, cotton thread on top and did the rest of the quilt upside-down. That seems to be the best way for me to use that type of thread. I have so much Christmas fabric in my stash, it needs to be used up. Every year I make gift bags with it, but that doesn't seem to put a dent in the pile. I'm not buying anymore of that type of fabric, so eventually it should dwindle down to a manageable amount.

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...