Thursday, December 26, 2013

Now that I have good internet service, I can post pictures more often!

This is something that I've been working on lately. I've made several of these quilts that use alternating light and dark five inch squares. They make good comfort quilts for charity because they go together quickly. There is a never ending bin of cut squares because I keep adding more to it. I've been trying a different quilting design on each quilt for variety. This time I'm trying swirls similar to ones I saw on an Angela Walters' video. The quilting thread I'm using is King Tut in the colour "Mummy's Dearest. It's a pale pastel variegated 40 weight cotton thread. Thank you to Angela Walters for kindly sharing her quilting video, it's very much appreciated!

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...