Saturday, April 13, 2024

Stashbuster 2024 Is Completed

I'm in a Facebook group that picks a pattern each year and holds a stashbuster challenge. This year's pattern was Scrappy Irish Chain. Because the quilt was so large, I had to photograph it outside, there's not enough room in my house. The wind was ruffling the quilt around on the frame, it wasn't easy to hold it still for the photo. When I win the lottery, I'll hire a professional photographer. It's free-motion quilted with flowers and leaves, using Glide thread. When I took it off the frame, I noticed a fold and some puckers on the back. I tried picking out the quilting in that section and redoing it, but it didn't look satisfactory. My solution? Applique a quilt block over the offending area. I'm keeping the quilt for myself. It's a good thing I don't quilt for customers.
This picture was taken when the quilting was still in progress.

No comments:

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the o...