Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. The quilting was slow and tedious, you can't be in a hurry when doing ruler work. I usually try to match the bobbin thread to the back, but in this case, I didn't. It took so much focus to follow the rulers, I didn't want to keep checking the back to see if the dark thread from the top was showing on the back. I just used the same thread top and bottom to eliminate that worry. The quilt top was a mystery quilt that our guild did in the 90s. My fabric choices were a little odd, to say the least. I thought if I messed up on the quilting, at least it wouldn't be a great loss. On the back is what I call "Poor Man's Backing". I can't afford to buy wide backing fabric for every quilt, so sometimes I use up odds and ends. Now that ruler work doesn't seem so terrifying, I might try more of it in the future. :)

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...