Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Little Orphan Annie II Is Completed

This is the second quilt that I've made from orphan blocks. It's good to try to use up leftovers because time and fabric were put into making them in the first place. There is quite a wild assortment in this one. The light coloured star block was one of the first blocks that I made when I started quilting 37 years ago. Others were from internet swaps. There were seven blocks made from Jinny Beyer fabrics which were dark and dull, I finally "got rid of them" in this quilt. A few of the blocks were just something that I wanted to try, then decided not to make a quilt with them. On the back there is a quilt top that was too small for anything useful. I added sections around it to make it big enough for the backing. The quilting is a "topographical map" design. The thread is by Signature.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!