Monday, January 22, 2024

Sixteen Year Old UFO Completed

After sixteen long years, Sunny Lanes is completed! It's a pattern from the "Nickel Quilts" book by Pat Speth and Charlene Thode. I started the blocks and abandoned them for several years. I dug them out and made quite a few more, then those sat in a box for many months. There were two bolts of fabric that came from the fabric store I had a few decades ago. I never knew what to do with them because they were unusual. The two prints coordinated. If they were cut apart and joined together, they formed Drunkard's Path blocks. I decided to use one of the fabrics as a backing for this quilt. At least it gets used up that way. I'll use the coordinating fabric as backing too at some point. The quilting is a "Topographical Map" design with King Tut thread.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!