Sunday, April 2, 2023

London Lawns Is Completed

The "London Lawns" pattern is by Debra Finan. I found it in a Fons and Porter quilt magazine but I don't remember which one. If I come across it in my stacks of magazines, I will add the info to this post. It is also available as a digital download: I discovered a package of wool batting in the sewing hole to use in this quilt. I don't even know where the batting came from, it looks like one made in a woolen mill. The quilt ended up being thick and cozy, so it'll probably end up living at the cabin. The plain blue strips were quilted with continuous feathers. It was the first time I had done this type of design on a quilt. I hope to purchase a ruler that I can use to make the feather spine look smoother. I used Fantastico thread by Superior. It's a lovely thread to work with. The wide backing fabric came from Connecting Threads.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!