Friday, August 19, 2022

Twenty Years In The Making

I finished this quilt in the spring, today was a good day for some photos. I couldn't get the fold lines out of it, maybe I should have put it in the dryer for a few minutes. This quilt started out as a block exchange from an internet group called "Quilters Funtalk". We made blocks to celebrate being together as a group for five years. That was in 2002. Since then, some of the members have passed away, so it makes an extra special keepsake to remember them. When I purchased my longarm machine in April, I decided it was time to get this quilt finished. I had saved the wide backing fabric for this project for the past 20 years. I wasn't sure if the all-over quilting would interfere with the signatures, but it seems to be fine, everything is readable. It feels good to finally finish something that had been sitting around for the past two decades. :)

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...