Monday, August 29, 2022

Another One Done

I don't know what this quilt pattern is called. It's made up of 2 1/2" X 4 1/2" rectangles. Last spring I unearthed some blocks I had started eons ago and decided complete the project. There are always exciting discoveries to be made when one digs deep enough into the storage bins. I constructed a "poor man's" quilt backing out of strips of various fabrics and some leftover orphan blocks. If I bought wide backing fabric for every quilt, I'd be in the poorhouse. Since the colours seemed to have a 70s vibe, I quilted it with large freehand funky flowers. The other day, we installed some casters on my longarm frame. Now I'll be able to shove it against the wall when I'm not using it. The longarm is in the kitchen, that's the only place there was to put it. In my next life, I'll have a deluxe quilting studio. :)

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...