Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Batik Beast Is Finally Finished

I started working on the Batik Beast over seven years ago. At the time, I became overwhelmed with the 100 feathered wreaths that I was planning on quilting. It was tossed aside until this spring. I abandoned the idea of the feathered wreaths and did some "improv" quilting instead. Countless hours later, the quilting was completed, then the binding took ages to hand stitch. The pattern came from McCall's Quilting magazine, March/April 2012. It was called "Second Floor Walk-up, designed by Susan Guzman. It was supposed to measure 64 1/2" square, but I added many more blocks to it, plus a piano key border. My quilt measures more than 100" square. I used two different 1930s reproduction prints for the back. Nobody in their right mind would mix batiks with 1930s prints, but I'm not normal, haha! The Batik Beast will be given to my daughter, Lindsay.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!