Monday, May 25, 2020

New Zipper

Nothing irks me more than the flimsy zippers they put in garments. I took this jacket out of the closet and found the zipper was broken. How could something break by sitting in the closet all winter? I wore it last summer and it was fine. After digging around in my zipper drawer, I found a heavy-duty metal one. This is not the kind of job I like to do. Kudos to the people who do repairs and alterations as a means to make a living. It was not easy to pick out the old zipper, at least it wasn't also glued in like a winter jacket zipper that I replaced. Anyway, the repair isn't perfect by any means, but at least I'll get some more wear out of the jacket.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!