Sunday, December 1, 2019

Ten Minute Table Runner

I wanted to make a quick hostess gift for when we go for Christmas dinner. I looked up "Ten Minute Table Runner" tutorials on You Tube. There were a few videos on there, one had the centre of the runner measuring 9 inches wide, the other video called for a 12-inch wide centre. I went down the middle and made mine 10 1/2 inches. The outer piece measured 18 inches wide. I put medium weight interfacing between the two layers. There is a reason why my table runner took two hours to make instead of ten minutes. I couldn't figure out how to make a decorative stitch on my machine. The instructions in the manual are vague. I kept pressing buttons and making test samples. The machine would stitch for a bit, then switch to a different stitch on its own. Finally, I got it to switch back and forth regularly, but it wasn't really what I wanted. I was so frustrated, I let it do its thing on the runner and called it a day. There probably isn't anything wrong with the machine, it's the nut behind the wheel.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!