Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Crooked Courthouse Steps Quilt Top

I just finished sewing the victory lap on this Crooked Courthouse Steps quilt top. It was from a free tutorial on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog. When I started making the blocks, I wasn't sure how they would look, it might resemble a dog's breakfast. Now that the blocks are all sewn together, I am pleased with it. To make it a little different, I put dark horizontal sashing and light vertical sashing with cornerstones in between. The original pattern doesn't have any sashing. Instead of letting this sit and brew for several years, like I quite often do, I'm going to quilt it right away. I found a suitable piece of fabric for the backing and will figure out a quilting design.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!