Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Start Of A Jellyroll Rug

I cut my own fabric strips and batting. Jellyrolls and pre-cut batting are too expensive for my Canadian budget. If I purchased the supplies, a rug would add up to $94.97+ tax- EEK! By cutting my own, I can make a rug for very little cost. It took several hours to add the batting to the fabric strip, then fold and sew the edge. Now I'm starting to zigzag. I hope it'll look ok when it's finished. I used some odds and ends, including some Christmas fabric.

2 comments:

Susan G said...

Call me out of touch....I've not seen these before. How do you get rid of the raw edges? Going to have to check this out....looks great, and what a good way to use up stash.

Lorna said...

Susan- you fold both edges of the strip to the middle, then fold in half. The raw edges are completely enclosed

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!