Thursday, March 21, 2019

Jellyroll Rug Completed

There were some tense moments stitching this together. Halfway through the rug, my trusty Bernina decided to malfunction while zigzagging. The stitches would be normal size, then switch to tiny ones for a few inches, then back to big stitches. I tried everything I could think of- changing the needle, rethreading the machine, cleaning out all the lint, etc. Nothing helped. I finally had to switch to my 38-year-old Janome machine. It works ok, but skips stitches periodically. After much sweat and strain, the rug was completed. I had to steam and spray starch the living daylights out of it so it would be flat. It will go in my cabin, so it doesn't have to be a masterpiece.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!