Thursday, November 17, 2016

Tumbler Quilt Completed

Formerly known as "Quilt Top #17", this Tumbler quilt is now completed. I had to fight with the thread because it kept breaking, but kept going until it was finished. I used "So Fine" by Superior Threads, apparently my Baby Lock Tiara doesn't like that kind of thread. I think it'll work better in a different machine where I can use a topstich needle. I had been questioning my choice of quilting design on this one, but now I think it's ok, as I look at the quilt as a whole. It's always difficult to tell when I'm only looking at a small bit at a time as I'm sewing. This quilt will be given to our guild to put in their comfort quilt stockpile.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...