Thursday, February 4, 2016

Throwback Thursday; Quilt Top #5

I made this queen size "Birds in the Air" quilt top in the early 2000s, stitching mountain of half square triangles! When I hung it up on the rack to take the photos, I thought this would be a good one to work on at our quilting retreat which is coming up soon. I found backing, batting and thread in my stash, I'll layer and pin baste it in the next week or two. I don't know how that'll go with the new cat, Igor will want to play while I'm pinning. That's one drawback of not having a long arm machine, I have to lay out and pin my quilts on the floor, not easy when there is a cat racing across it. There is also the fact that it takes me a long time to get back up after I've been crawling around for an hour or more. :)

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...