Sunday, April 27, 2014

Finished Item #6- 14 year old UFO Completed!

Just about half way through the goal to finish 14 items in 2014! This is a pattern that Eleanor Burns had on one of her shows, "Quilt in a Day" back in 2000. I made the quilt top, then it sat there in a box for 14 years. I dug it out and finished it- yay!. The muslin areas are quilted with cream coloured Aurifil thread, the coloured parts are quilted with a variegated Signature thread. Using two different kinds of thread meant there were lots of thread stops and starts. I'm still working away at the stray threads, getting them tied off and buried. I'm trying to use a different free motion design on every quilt I make lately, it's a good way to learn new things and not get stuck in a rut. I'm going to keep this one for myself after putting all that work into it. :)

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...